By the way (unlike all the good Devi Ambrosia photos) the terrible pictures in this post were not taken by me, nor was that absurd wig my idea. I wasn't even there that day. It was all the work and influence of a guy named Jesse, who goes by "Diva", as if that were truly descriptive of him. I guess in the sense that a diva is generally an obnoxious character, it fits him. The nicest thing I can say about him is that when he isn't messing with makeup and "enigmatic" hairstyles, he resembles Mick Jones of The Clash when Mr. Jones was in his prime, and that he can be a truly entertaining conversationalist. But he's not a good person, to put it simply.
When "Devi" went literally insane following the drastic surgery that put an end to her erotic-modeling career (she was very ill, and needed a serious surgical procedure), she broke up our relationship from her hospital bed. Never once did "Diva" seem to consider that Devi's perception of things might be, y'know, a little "off" ... that she might be insane as well as in terrible pain ... She was truly delusional, but, when I could have been of assistance to his friend, he refused to speak a word to me. He had seen me as little more than competition for Devi's attentions, despite that I was her boyfriend, her only lover for 11 years, and he is gay. He saw the breakup not as the upsetting, difficult change it was for Devi and I both, but as an opportunity for him. I'm talking about a mindless loyalty that really isn't a virtue, so much as it is a habitual behavior. He went so far as to write me personally-insulting e-mail, full of bizarre accusations ranging from drug use to poor housekeeping. And, according to my (impeccable) sources, this sort of behavior has never changed.
Something that bothers me is that when you do a Google Image search on "Devi Ambrosia" (a project I put a LOT of my own heart and soul into), you'll find a fair amount of pictures of Jesse, attempting to look "glamorous". He has wormed his way into a position of "partnership" with Devi in various cosmetic ventures that amounted to nothing more than pot-smoke whimsy, and as far as I can tell, his only reward is that Devi treats him like a gal-friend. The man does not have feminine features and never will, yet insists on doing absurd things to himself, being photographed, and said photos being posted on the Internet -- on Devi's profile, as well as the profile she used after returning to her real name. He attached himself to Devi like a parasite, by coddling to her ego. Which is really the only way to have a relationship with her... but let's not even get into that. Thanks for reading, and I'm sorry it wasn't more fun. But such is the nature of truth.
2 comments:
Don't miss Devi Ambrosia at MySpace!
By the way (unlike all the good Devi Ambrosia photos) the terrible pictures in this post were not taken by me, nor was that absurd wig my idea. I wasn't even there that day. It was all the work and influence of a guy named Jesse, who goes by "Diva", as if that were truly descriptive of him. I guess in the sense that a diva is generally an obnoxious character, it fits him. The nicest thing I can say about him is that when he isn't messing with makeup and "enigmatic" hairstyles, he resembles Mick Jones of The Clash when Mr. Jones was in his prime, and that he can be a truly entertaining conversationalist. But he's not a good person, to put it simply.
When "Devi" went literally insane following the drastic surgery that put an end to her erotic-modeling career (she was very ill, and needed a serious surgical procedure), she broke up our relationship from her hospital bed. Never once did "Diva" seem to consider that Devi's perception of things might be, y'know, a little "off" ... that she might be insane as well as in terrible pain ... She was truly delusional, but, when I could have been of assistance to his friend, he refused to speak a word to me. He had seen me as little more than competition for Devi's attentions, despite that I was her boyfriend, her only lover for 11 years, and he is gay. He saw the breakup not as the upsetting, difficult change it was for Devi and I both, but as an opportunity for him. I'm talking about a mindless loyalty that really isn't a virtue, so much as it is a habitual behavior. He went so far as to write me personally-insulting e-mail, full of bizarre accusations ranging from drug use to poor housekeeping. And, according to my (impeccable) sources, this sort of behavior has never changed.
Something that bothers me is that when you do a Google Image search on "Devi Ambrosia" (a project I put a LOT of my own heart and soul into), you'll find a fair amount of pictures of Jesse, attempting to look "glamorous". He has wormed his way into a position of "partnership" with Devi in various cosmetic ventures that amounted to nothing more than pot-smoke whimsy, and as far as I can tell, his only reward is that Devi treats him like a gal-friend. The man does not have feminine features and never will, yet insists on doing absurd things to himself, being photographed, and said photos being posted on the Internet -- on Devi's profile, as well as the profile she used after returning to her real name. He attached himself to Devi like a parasite, by coddling to her ego. Which is really the only way to have a relationship with her... but let's not even get into that. Thanks for reading, and I'm sorry it wasn't more fun. But such is the nature of truth.
Post a Comment